Join us on the 6th & 7th June for a two-day Summit to map the emerging challenges for science communication in Australia and to collaboratively develop best-practice solutions.
Inspiring Australia, TechNyou and ScienceRewired are bringing together the nation’s leading science communicators, innovators, science journalists, decision makers and educators. The Summit is an opportunity for participants to individually and collectively compare, shape and influence their science communication direction and activities.
The Summit will take a fresh look at the key challenges and opportunities for science communicators and policymakers across Australia … Find out more
SPEAKERS AND PARTICIPANTS
Creative Director of Veritasium
General manager, Communication, CSIRO
General Manager, Questacon
Faculty Journalist, UNSW Science
Leader, Science into Society Group CSIRO
Dr Jen Skattebol
Social Policy Research Centre, UNSW
Director, Communications and Outreach, Australian Academy of Science
Digital Marketing Coordinator, Faculty of Science, UNSW
Director, Sydney Harbour Research Program at the Sydney Institute of Marine Sciences
|Summit Hashtag #bigsci13
Follow @ScienceRewired for Summit updates
WATCH THE SUMMIT LIVE
We’re livestreaming the Summit on the 6th and 7th June, thanks to the team at EASElivestream. Join in and participate online, just register to get access. It’s free and very quick to register.
Find our more and register.
GET INVOLVED, WE NEED YOUR PERSPECTIVES
We want your input on the key challenges and opportunities for science communicators and policymakers across Australia. Participate online and help the create a vision for science communication and engagement in Australia 2050.
FEATURED BLOG POST
AlphaGalileo – Raising the Awareness of Research Excellence
Peter Green Managing Director of AlphaGalileo Foundation, the world’s independent research news service for the media, and a Summit sponsor writes on the importance of reaching international media to promote Australia as well as your research organisation International awareness of research excellence underpins wealth creation.
Most recent blog posts
- Closing Video By Veritasium – Thanks From Everyone At #BigSci13!
- #BigSci13 Selfies – Storify
- Dear Australia, We Are Trying to Reach You
- Reality Bites – How Do Workshop Results Stack Up In The Real World? Storify #BigSci13
- Come Walk A Mile In My Sci-Com Shoes – #BigSci13 – Storify
- Thursday Afternoon Sessions At #BigSci13 – Storify
- Thursday Morning Sessions At #BigSci13 – Storify
- Diminishing Degrees Of Separation: Developing Collaborative Approaches Across Sectors
- Engaging All Australians – Moving Beyond Children And Education
- Turning Data And Evidence Into Education
We’re part of Innovation Month 2013